Are you looking to indulge in a delectable and unique dessert? Look no further than the mouthwatering Turkish Revani Cake! With its moist texture, delicate sweetness, and delightful citrus notes, this traditional Turkish treat will captivate your taste buds and leave you craving for more. In this article, we’ll explore the necessary ingredients, and the step-by-step recipe, and address some frequently asked questions about this delightful dessert.
For the Cake:
1cup all-purpose flour
1cup granulated sugar
1cup plain yogurt
1/2cup vegetable oil
1tablespoon baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 orange
For the Syrup:
cup granulated sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 orange
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F) and grease a rectangular baking dish with butter or oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the semolina, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, plain yogurt, lemon zest, and orange zest until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and spread it evenly
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- During the cake’s baking process, get ready to prepare the syrup. In a saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, water, lemon juice, and orange juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar completely dissolves. Let the syrup simmer for a few minutes until it slightly thickens. Take it off the stove and allow it to cool down.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, immediately pour the cooled syrup over the hot cake. Allow the cake to absorb the syrup and cool completely in the baking dish.
- Cut the Revani Cake into diamond or square-shaped pieces, and it’s ready to be served.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use other citrus fruits for the zest?
Absolutely! Turkish Revani Cake is flexible and can be customized to your liking. Feel free to use lime, grapefruit, or any other citrus fruit zest to add a unique twist to the cake.
- Can I substitute the semolina with almond flour for a gluten-free version?
Yes, you can replace the semolina with almond flour to make the cake gluten-free. The result will have a slightly different texture but will still be delicious.
How should I store the leftover cake?
To keep the Revani Cake fresh and moist, cover it with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container.You can store it at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can I add some chopped nuts to the cake batter?
Absolutely! Chopped almonds, walnuts, or pistachios will complement the flavors of the cake and add a delightful crunch to each bite.
In conclusion, Turkish Revani Cake is a delightful dessert that is sure to please your taste buds and impress your guests. With its unique blend of flavors and simple preparation, it’s a perfect treat for any occasion. So, why not embark on a culinary adventure and try your hand at making this irresistible Turkish delight? Indulge in the rich flavors of the Mediterranean and treat yourself to a piece of Revani Cake today!