Strawberry Pretzel Jello Dessert Delight is a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. It’s dangerously delicious! The perfect balance of sweetness, salty, and tart flavors makes it absolutely irresistible. Both adults and kids adore this layered dessert featuring strawberries and pretzels. During holiday seasons, Jello recipes like Strawberry Pretzel Delight are highly sought after as potluck desserts. They’re easy to prepare and have excellent staying power. Other favorites during this time of year include Jello cake and classic raspberry pretzel Jello.
Why This Desert is called “Pretzel Salad”?
Now, let’s address the burning question: Why is it called “Pretzel Salad”? There’s a passionate debate on social media platforms, particularly Facebook, about whether this desert can truly be considered as a “salad.” It’s an entertaining discussion to witness. So, what’s your take: Salad or Dessert?
The Recipe for Strawberry Pretzel Jello Desert
Now, let’s dive into the recipe for Strawberry Pretzel Delight:
This easy-to-assemble dessert is always a hit at parties. The delightful combination of sweet, salty, and tart flavors will leave everyone wanting more.
- 6 oz strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 cups salted pretzels (measured before crushing)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz of Cool Whip
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Dissolve the strawberry Jell-O in 2 cups of boiling water, stirring until completely dissolved. Set the jello aside to cool to the room temperature.
- Crush 2 1/2 cups of pretzels in a sturdy Ziploc bag using a rolling pin.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 8 Tbsp of butter, then add 1/4 cup of sugar and stir. Mix in the crushed pretzels. Transfer the mixture to a 13×9 glass casserole dish, pressing it evenly over the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F, then cool to room temperature.
- When the pretzels have cooled, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and half cup of sugar on medium-high speed until it is fluffy and white. Fold in 8 oz of Cool Whip until there are no streaks of cream cheese left.
- Spread this mixture over the cooled pretzels, making sure to reach the edges to create a tight seal. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Hull and slice 1 lb of strawberries, then stir them into the room temperature Jello. Pour and spread the strawberry Jello mixture evenly over the cooled cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until the Jello is set (2-4 hours).
Can you Remove the Cool Whip from the Recipe?
If you’re looking to substitute Cool Whip, it’s worth noting that Cool Whip yields the best results. It maintains the pretzels’ crispness and holds up well overnight. However, you can opt for a more natural alternative like “True Whip.” In case you choose to use whipped cream (by beating 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until stiff and fluffy), it does taste good but softens the pretzel crust, making it less crispy. If you go with whipped cream, add 2/3 cup of sugar to the cream cheese to achieve the same level of sweetness. Refrigerate the cream you made for about 45 minutes to help it set better.
Ideal Pretzels For Pretzel Jello Desert Recipe
When it comes to the best pretzels for Pretzel Jello, go for small, salted pretzels. You can use either pretzel sticks or traditional pretzel twists. The addition of salted hard pretzels brings a surprising yet delightful salty element to the dessert. Smaller kind of pretzels are easier to be crushed and measured.
Helpful Tips For Making The Best Pretzel Jello Desert?
To ensure success with your Strawberry Pretzel Delight, here are some helpful tips:
- Dissolve the Jello according to the recipe instructions, not the package instructions.
- Use a softened cream cheese and freeze the Cool Whip in the refrigerator.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups of whole pretzels before crushing them.
- Spread the cream portion all the way to the edges to create a tight seal before adding the Jello.
- Pour the room temperature Jello gently over the top to prevent cracks in the cream layer.
And now, we presented to you the mouthwatering Strawberry Pretzel Delight! This delectable dessert is a true crowd-pleaser with its harmonious blend of sweet, salty, and tangy flavors, making it an instant hit at any event or get-together. It’s no wonder this dessert holds a special place during the holiday season, becoming a sought-after treat for potluck gatherings. Its simplicity in preparation combined with its timeless charm contribute to its well-deserved popularity. Alongside Jello cake and the classic raspberry pretzel Jello, it stands tall as one of the favorites among our dedicated readers.