Indulge in the refreshing goodness of a homemade decaf cold brew iced coffee that rivals the taste of Starbucks.
This easy-to-make beverage is caffeine-free, customizable, and absolutely delicious. Get ready to discover your new favorite drink, perfect for sipping all day long! Experience the pure delight of the best decaf cold brew iced coffee that will quench your thirst and awaken your senses.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can create your very own version of this popular coffee shop favorite right in the comfort of your own home
Decaf Cold Brew Iced Coffees
There’s something about the smooth, invigorating taste of cold brew coffee that keeps us coming back for more. However, excessive caffeine consumption can disrupt our sleep and impact our health. Regular cold brew coffee contains higher levels of caffeine, and decaf coffee often falls short in terms of flavor and satisfaction.
But fear not! You can create a decaf cold brew coffee that is both delectable and silky smooth. Read on to discover how you can make your very own delicious decaf cold brew coffee at home, packed with flavor and minus the bitterness.
Decaf Coffee: A Healthier Choice
Indeed, you can use decaf coffee to make cold brew coffee. Decaffeinated coffee beans undergo a process that removes the caffeine content while retaining the delightful flavor. This means you can use these caffeine-free coffee beans to create a decaf cold brew that meets your taste preferences.
I love using cold brew coffee to make my iced coffees because it offers a smoother, sweeter taste compared to regular coffee. Moreover, it’s incredibly versatile and convenient!
Similar to regular cold brew, decaf cold brew involves an infusion method. Coarsely ground decaf coffee is combined with water and steeped for 12 to 24 hours.
After the steeping process, the mixture is strained, resulting in a luscious decaf cold brew concentrate. Since cold brew coffee avoids high temperatures during the brewing process, it possesses less acidity, making it less bitter. By using decaf coffee, your cold brew will be lower in caffeine while maintaining its delectable taste.
If you’re a fan of iced coffee, don’t miss other delightful recipes like Iced Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew and Caramel Mocha Iced Latte, both of which are easy to make and absolutely scrumptious!
Why You’ll Love Decaf Cold Brew Coffee
Get ready for a delightful experience with these key reasons why decaf cold brew will become your new favorite drink:
1. Quick and easy: This decaf iced coffee takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, using simple ingredients.
2. More affordable than Starbucks: Making your own cold brew coffee at home saves you money compared to purchasing it from Starbucks. Plus, you can whip up a glass whenever you crave it, all within five minutes and without leaving your home.
3. Versatile: This homemade cold brew recipe can be customized with your choice of dairy or non-dairy milk and sweeteners. You can even top it with cold foam or whipped cream for an extra treat!
4. Decaf, but full of flavor: Savor the delightful taste of decaf cold brew that is low in caffeine while still maintaining the same level of satisfaction as regular cold brew coffee.
5. This recipe can be used to make both iced coffee and iced lattes. To learn more about the differences, check out our post on ICED COFFEE VS ICED LATTE!
Ingredients Needed & Notes
To create your perfect and the best decaf coffee, you’ll need the following ingredients:
1. Decaf cold-brew coffee: You can use your preferred store-bought decaf cold brew coffee or make your own using the easy recipe provided below.
2. Milk: Whether you prefer dairy or non-dairy milk, choose your favorite to complement your decaf cold brew.
3. Sweetener (optional): If you desire a touch of sweetness, feel free to add your preferred sweetener, such as coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup, or agave syrup.
4. Ice cubes: Essential for keeping your beverage cool and refreshing.
Non-Dairy Milk Options for Cold Brew Coffee
Here are some non-dairy milk options that pair wonderfully with cold brew coffee:
1. Oat milk: This sweet and creamy non-dairy milk adds a delightful touch to your decaf cold brew. Try my oat milk lattes for another tasty option.
2. Soy milk: Although slightly more bitter, soy milk still offers creaminess and deliciousness. Add a hint of sweetness for a perfect balance.
3. Coconut milk: Treat yourself to a coconut-flavored iced coffee by using coconut milk. Its natural sweetness adds an extra layer of yumminess.
4. Almond milk: The sweetness of almond milk pairs exceptionally well with cold brew coffee, complementing its lower acidity.
5. Macadamia milk: Indulge in the heavenly creaminess of macadamia milk, a fantastic substitute for regular milk in cold brew coffees.
How to Make Decaf Cold Brew Coffee
Creating your own decaf cold brew coffee is a breeze. Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup of ground decaf coffee (choose your favorite)
4 cups of filtered water
Follow these three simple steps to make your own cold brew:
Step 1: Place decaffeinated coffee grounds in a large container and carefully pour water over it. Gently stir the mixture.
Step 2: Seal the jar and allow it to sit on your countertop overnight. For optimal results, steep it for approximately 14-24 hours. The longer you steep, the stronger the coffee will be, so adjust the time according to your taste preference.
Step 3: Use a fine-mesh bag, paper coffee filter, or nut milk bag to strain the brewed coffee. If desired, strain the mixture more than once to ensure a granule-free brew. Pour the strained coffee back into the jar and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Use as desired.
Decaf Cold Brew Coffee Variations
Take your decaf cold brew coffee to new heights with these flavorful variations:
1. Vanilla decaf cold brew: Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the cold brew for a hint of delicious vanilla.
- Spiced decaf cold brew: Sprinkle about ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon on top for a spiced twist to your coffee.
- Caramel cold brew coffee: Sweeten your coffee by using caramel syrup, infusing it with a luscious caramel flavor.
- Chocolate cold brew coffee: Indulge in the perfect blend of coffee and chocolate by sprinkling a bit of cocoa powder into your cold brew iced coffee.
How to Make an Iced Coffee with Decaf Cold Brew
Decaf cold brew coffee boasts intense flavors that are best balanced with some water or milk. The ideal ratio is usually two to three parts water or milk to one-part cold brew.
To create a decaf cold brew iced coffee, follow these simple steps:
1. Fill a serving glass with ice cubes.
2. Pour the decaf cold brew concentrate into the glass, filling it approximately one-third of the way.
3. Top off with your choice of milk and /or water.
4. Give it a gentle stir, and adjust the taste as desired.
5. Enjoy your refreshing decaf cold brew iced coffee as is or get creative with additional toppings, such as sweeteners, flavored syrups, foams, or whipped cream.
If you’re looking for more coffee recipes, be sure to give a try to Iced Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew and Caramel Mocha Iced Latte recipes for easy and delicious options! I hope you enjoy making and sipping on your homemade decaf cold brew iced coffee and enjoy the best decaf coffee recipe.
Read more articles: